Monday 25 January 2010

world war 2 : poison sewing needle bomb !





Oh my - who'd have thought it .... back in WWII the British Government assisted by Canadian and American scientists developed  a new and lethal bomb made from poison infused sewing needles!  I came across this article recently in the Danger Room and couldn't quite believe what I read ... but yes it appears to be true.

Apparently the bomb never made it into full production because it had "little penetrating power" .... Now speaking from personal experience I can honestly say it hurts ALOT when you stab yourself with a needle but maybe I'm not as thick skinned as those weapons men?

You can read the article here in the Danger Room




2 comments:

BilboWaggins said...

I knew quilting could be dangerous but I thought it was my bank balance that was at risk.

Seriously, same technology believed to be in the umbrella which poisoned Georgi Markov in 1978.

Emma said...

Dangerous past time sewing!